Club Mission & History


Club Mission:

The primary purpose of the Stanford Faculty Club is to provide Stanford University faculty, administrative staff, and other club members with a welcoming venue to promote social interaction, commingling, fellowship, collegiality, and the interchange of ideas and information.

Club History:

Founded on March 11, 1908, the original Faculty Club was in the Arboretum and burned to the ground in the 1960's. The new and current building was built with a $1,000,000.00 contribution from the Lucie Stern Foundation.  The building was designed by San Francisco architect Edward B. Page and the two level structure covers a surface area of 26,000 square feet.  It was dedicated on Oct. 1, 1965 in an informal ceremony presided by University President, Wallace Sterling.